Preparation for Attending KMS

Preparation for Attending KMS:

Does your student have a medical condition or health concern that require prescription or over the counter medicines at school? 

If a student should require medication to be taken during school hours he or she may self medicate or have medication administered by the school nurse. This will require the completion of a  medication form. This form is for prescription & over the counter medicines. A NEW completed form is required each school year to be on file with school nurse BEFORE the first day of school, in order to administer medicine. Make sure the prescription or over the counter medicine bottle label matches the physician authorization form.

Parents procedure for end of school year of students with medication at school. Medication cannot be left at school over the summer months (this includes over the counter & prescription medicines...EpiPens & benadryl. According to school policy, medication must be picked up by a PARENT/GUARDIAN. Refer to your Parent Handbook 

Does your student need specialized physical health care services provided while at school? If your answer is yes, then your physician and you will need to complete the "Physician and Parent Authorization for Having Specialized Physical Health Care Service Provided" located on the second page of the medication form.

Does your student have Diabetes, Asthma, Seizures, Severe Allergic Reactions or any other medical condition? Refer to the "Kannapolis City Schools" website, print the required "Emergency Action Procedure" forms, have the physician and parent complete forms and return to school nurse. If you have any questions or need assistance please contact the school nurse office.

School health forms are located on the Kannapolis City Schools website.. just click on Student, Student Services then School Health Program. 

If you have any questions feel free to contact me (704) 932-4102

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2019 West Corporation. All rights reserved.